Yesterday I (Ben Klang) announced the release of Adhearsion 1.2.0 during my presentation “State of the Art Telephony with Ruby” at Lone Star Ruby Conference V in Austin, Texas. LSRC has long been a supporter of the Adhearsion project and I felt it fitting to use the presentation there as the opportunity to make this exciting new release.
In case you missed it, an overview of some of the new features was discussed in a previous blog post entitled “Upcoming Features in Adhearsion 1.2” on the Mojo Lingo blog. A quick recap here:
* Native support for text-to-speech on both Asterisk and Tropo
* Several useful new methods, including
#speak and more.
* Enhancements to existing methods such as
* Fixes to the way we load Bundler gems with the
* Improvements to the logging system to enable tracing the activities of a specific call through the logs
Also interesting to the Adhearsion community is the greatly improved support for Tropo via AGItate and the ability to easily create sophisticated text-to-speech renderings with the new RubySpeech library.